What information does LeapPoint collect?
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person. We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information only when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from you to personalize and improve the Service. We collect the following types of information:
A. Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you provide to us.
1. Customer Service: For Customers interested in our Services, or requesting Product demos we collect the following Personal Information including:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name
- Phone number
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our Services. All Product demos and Service requests are managed by our marketing automation and customer relationship management (CRM) system.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
When you visit our Websites, our Google Analytics log collects the following information:
- Device info (mobile, desktop)
- Browser type (Internet Explorer, Chrome etc.)
- Referred (whether you visited page from Google Search or directly)
- Session Activity (pages visited, session time, buttons clicked, information searched, access times and dates and other statistics.)
We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Website, for the Website’s technical administration, to enhance the Website’s functionality and user-friendliness and to better tailor the Website to our visitors’ specific needs.
For additional information regarding our Cookie practices, please refer to our detailed Cookies Policy.
2. Application Usage: Whenever you use our Applications we may collect the following types of Personal Information (information type will vary based on the Application):
- User’s role in Application (i.e. job type or category)
- Unique ID recognized within the main application our Application is running on. Unique IDs will vary based on main application (i.e. email, first name, last name, username, employee ID#)
- User behaviors – session time, buttons clicked, information searched, access times and dates and other statistics.
- User training progress based on role
3. Application- User Consent (JumpSeat): Once the User selects the JumpSeat Application icon, the User will be prompted to actively consent and agree to the Privacy terms of our Application. Only once the User positively consents to the Privacy terms can the Application be launched and accessed. The Application can be configured to collect User behavior information including User Role “Generic Functional Role”, Application usage and guide progress. All Personal Information related to User behavior is controlled and available to the Customer “License holders” and it is at the discretion of the Customer, how the information should be used to improve application design. The Customer “License holders” is considered the data controller and is required to comply with our Privacy terms prior to deploying our Application to any Users. Users can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register as licensed user of the application.
4. Application- Browser Extensions (JumpSeat): The JumpSeat Application is designed to function as a browser extension for very common web browsers (i.e., Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.) A browser extension is a plug-in that extends the functionality of a web browser.
Typically, web-browser extensions can:
- See the websites you visit.
- Read and change content on the websites you visit.
- Store personal browsing data on your device.
To address these privacy concerns inherent to web-browser extensions, our Application Extension is setup:
- To ensure no personal information or browsing history from the sites you visit are collected.
- To only store the Trial URL to local storage.
- To ensure no browsing data is shared or available to any LeapPoint employee or any other Customer or User.
C. E-mail and Other Communications: We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may communicate with you about your use of the Application or Service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please inform us of your preference when submitting your request for Service or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does LeapPoint share my personal information?
We share information only as described below:
B. Third-Party Business Partners: LeapPoint partners with a variety of businesses and works closely with them to market or sell products or services (“Partners”). We may disclose Personal Information to our Partners for the purposes described above. Some of our Partners may co-sponsor events and other offerings with LeapPoint. We may share Personal Information you provide to us when you sign up for events or other offering with these Partners so they can send you marketing communications and information that may interest you, as permitted under applicable law. You will be notified, prior to sharing any Personal Information, that the event for which you are signing up is co-sponsored and that our Partner may use the information shared to communicate with you or market to you. At such time, you may elect not to provide your Personal Information to us or to our Partner for such purposes.
C. Blog and Social Media Pages: You may disclose Personal Information through the LeapPoint website, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation any future LeapPoint social media pages). This information may appear publicly, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms and may be “crawled” or searched by third parties. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large.
D. Legal Reasons: We may share Personal Information outside of LeapPoint if reasonably necessary to (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental requests; or (ii) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of LeapPoint, our customers, or the public as permitted by law.
Where does LeapPoint store my personal information?
Is the personal information secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. LeapPoint has implemented industry-accepted encryption products to protect web data and passwords.
How does LeapPoint use my personal information?
We use your data and, if applicable, your users’ data to provide you Service. We may also use your data for our own purposes related to the performance and maintenance of the Service and our documentation, for marketing for purposes and to otherwise communicate with you including, without limitation, for the following:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services.
- To send administrative information to your system administrators, for example, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To provide you with customer service, which may include, pursuant to your specific request, use of Your users’ data in a de-aggregated, identifiable form.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email, mobile and in-application messages and SMS in compliance with applicable laws that we believe may interest you.
- To personalize and enhance your experience of the Service, Products and our marketing websites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To secure and to personalize the Applications based on User’s role or persona.
- To continually improve your Application design and Users’ experience based on new requirements or needs.
For our business purposes, such as data analysis; audits; fraud monitoring and prevention; developing new products; enhancing, improving or modifying our Website, Products and Service; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
How can you access, correct, amend or remove personal information about me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any of your Personal Information that has been collected and stored by LeapPoint please notify us at email@example.com so that we may consider and respond to your request. We will respond to your request within 15 business days. Please be aware that because LeapPoint has limited ability to identify Your Users individually, we will refer any requests from Your Users to you and support you as needed in responding to Your Users request.
Testimonials: We post customer testimonials, comments and reviews on our Website that may contain Personal Information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal information from testimonials or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does LeapPoint keep my data?
We will retain your information in the LeapPoint application as long as your account is active or is needed to provide you the Service in accordance with the agreed upon license agreement. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our private business records after deletion of such information from your account. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
If a request to delete Your Customer’s or User’s Personal Information is received by LeapPoint directly from a data subject, we will log the request for tracking, but will not confirm the request until you approve it. You may request deletion of your Personal Information, as described in “How can you access, correct, amend or remove information about me?” above.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to interact with us, use of Service or Application. You may be able to add, update or delete information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you update any information we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
In some cases, there may be legal or business record reasons, including maintenance of internal customer service records, that we may not remove your Personal Information, in which case we will notify you.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
12110 Sunset Hills Rd. #600
Reston, VA. 20190
United States of America
Effective: June 1, 2018